NC State
Intensive English Program

Conditionally admitted undergraduate students can apply to NC State for on-campus housing.


IEP-Only students are not eligible for on-campus housing. However, there are many off-campus housing options available near NC State’s main campus. Some off-campus housing resources are listed below.

Off-campus student housing options:*

University Towers (UT): A private residence hall next to the NC State campus. UT is NOT considered to be NC State on-campus housing


Valentine Commons


Friendly Apartments

Located at the corner of Hillsborough Street and Friendly Drive, the Friendly Apartments are fully-furnished 1, 2 and 4 bedroom apartments.


Stanhope Apartments

The Stanhope apartments are the NEWEST student apartment community located about five blocks from the IEP building.

stanhope apartments

Apartment Rental Guides

Trulia: A guide to private-off campus rentals in Raleigh, NC

Apartment Guide: A guide to private off-campus apartments in Raleigh, NC A guide to private off-campus apartments in Raleigh, NC

Zillow: A guide to private off-campus housing in Raleigh, NC


IHPS Homestays: Students can make arrangements for homestays through International Housing Placement Service (IHPS). Their emphasis is on safe, quality and affordable housing with hosts who are pre-screened, interested in cultural exchange and happy to open their home to a student


Temporary accommodations near the NC State Campus:*

Aloft Raleigh

2100 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 828-9900

aloft hotel

DoubleTree by Hilton

1707 Hillsborough Street

Raleigh, NC

Holiday Inn Downtown
320 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC

*Each of these entities are private companies and are not associated with North Carolina State University; the contact is provided here only as information about alternative housing possibilities, and any arrangements you choose to make are strictly between you (the student) and the entity. North Carolina State University does not endorse or recommend any of these entities.

The IEP encourages you to carefully read and understand any agreement before you sign. Neither the University nor IEP can assist you if you have disputes with a landlord or your host family/homestay agency.   For a helpful guide to navigating the student rental market, please click HERE.

If you are a current NC State student and need help understanding your lease or are having problems with your landlord, Student Legal Services can help you for FREE.