Proof of Immunizations
- IEP students, are required to show proof of all immunization requirements before arriving on campus.
- In addition, all students MUST fill out a Tuberculosis (TB) screening form and a health history form in their HealthyPackPortal. (Note: a unity ID and password are necessary to log on to this site).
Step 1: Send the NC State Health Center Your Immunization Record
The record must have a health care provider’s name and address or clinic stamp with provider name and address.
Accepted Forms of Immunization Documentation Include:
- Government or Health Department issued Personal Immunization Record
- High School Transcript or College/University Record
- Military Record
- Physician/Clinic Office record with clinic stamp/address
- NC Immunization Registry or Other State Immunization Registry Records
- NC State University Standard Immunization Form with clinic stamp/address
- World Health Organization International Certificate of Vaccination
- Upload your record into your HealthyPackPortal
- Fax: 1-888-972-4149
- Visit the Student Health Center and drop it off
- Mail to:
Attention: Immunizations Department
NC State University, Student Health Services
Campus Box 7304
Raleigh, NC 27695-7304
*Records sent via email are NOT accepted. Uploading documents directly into your HealthyPack Portal is the most secure and preferred method. Please try to avoid sending in duplicate records. *
To upload completed immunization record
- Log into HealthyPack Portal (Select North Carolina State University for your school)
- Select the “Upload” tab
- Choose “Immunization Record” as the “document you are uploading”
- Select File
- Click “Upload“
Step 2: Complete the Health History and TB Screening Forms Online
- Log into HealthyPackPortal
- Select the “Forms” tab at the top of the page
- Complete the two forms under “Online Forms” – 1) NC State Health History Form and 2) TB Questionnaire
Note: Your immunizations will more than likely say “Not verified” until orientation. That is okay! There is no need to worry or contact the IEP or Health Center – the Health Center will verify your immunizations during the first few weeks you are on campus.
Tuberculosis (TB) Testing Requirement
You are required to have a tuberculosis test if one of the following applies to you:
- You are an international student from a high risk country (including China)
- You are a non-U.S. citizen from a high risk country
- You have traveled to a high risk country for more than one month
All tests must be administered by a NC State University acceptable medical facility within the 12 months preceding the first day of classes. Testing can be in the form of a PPD (Tuberculin test) or blood test (Interferon Gamma Release Assay, “IGRA”). PPD readings must be stated in mm induration. A“nil”or“negative” result is not acceptable.
- Blood Tests outside of the United States are accepted if completed in the past 12 months.
- We do not accept the results of PPD tests or chest x-rays completed in medical facilities outside the United States.
- You may wait and have these test(s) done after you arrive at NC State University. Student Health Services can perform a blood test (IGRA) to detect a tuberculosis bacterial infection. If you receive this test at the Student Health Center, and have health insurance coverage under the University- Sponsored Health Insurance Plan, your health insurance policy will cover the cost of the test if given after the effective insurance date.
- Student Health Services: Information about Immunization/Tuberculosis Requirements
- North Carolina Colleges and Universities Immunization Requirements